• Monday-Friday: 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
  • Saturday: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
  • Sunday: Closed

International Student

Designated Learning Institution: DLI # O19338447695

Applying for a Student Visa to Study in Canada


Visa – In Canada, Student Authorizations (student visas) are not required for language courses that last less than six months. If the program you are interested in lasts six months or more, you should apply for Student Authorization at the closest Canadian Embassy/Consulate or Online BEFORE coming to Canada.

Letter of Acceptance – One document you will need for Student Authorization is a Letter of Acceptance from Canada College. We will send a Letter of Acceptance to you once we receive your application form, required documents and application fee. Keep this letter to apply for your Student Authorization at the visa office. People who apply for a program that lasts 24 weeks or longer are usually asked to complete medical examinations. It sometimes takes two or three months for the Canadian government to process a medical examination report before approving a Student Authorization.

Planning – Before you apply for your Student Authorization or visitor visa, you must have: a valid passport; a Letter of Acceptance from Canada College; proof that you have enough money to support yourself for your entire stay in Canada; a letter from your sponsoring organization (if you are being sponsored); and medical clearance (if required).

CAQ Form – Since you are coming to Quebec to study, you are also required to apply for a CAQ (Québec Acceptance Certificate). You may download the application form here: Immigration Quebec.

Financial Support – You must be able to prove you can support yourself for the time you plan to be in Quebec before a Student Authorization is issued. A bank statement, letter from an officer of your financial institution, and/or a written pledge of financial support from a parent (or guardian) will show immigration officials that you can cover all your expenses while in Canada, including tuition, housing, transportation, medical insurance and personal needs.

Application – After you have collected all the required documentation, you may apply for your Student Authorization at the nearest Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. It is also possible to apply online. Application Fees – Please check our fees page.

Need more information?